We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Accountant - Rochester NY
Job Type: Professionals
Online Application: Click Here
Provides excellent service to the people Epilepsy Pralid Inc. supports and its employees through utilization of organizational and accounting skills in the Finance Department.
- Accurately and efficiently process bi-weekly payroll with assistance from Payroll Coordinator
- Assist self-directed people supported by managing the payment process for the goods and services they receive
- Analyze, reconcile and prepare journal entries for fixed assets, employer benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses
- Manage agency credit card transactions and supporting documentationFollow internal controls
- Promote workplace safety
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associate's or higher in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum 1 year of applied accounting experience handling cash disbursement and payroll preferred
- Maintain current certifications with all required trainings
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Experience using ADP and Fund EZ highly preferred
- Maintain a valid New York State driver's license; a vehicle is required to perform the job
- Must have excellent of interpersonal skills and be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations; Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Must be able to interact and communicate with people at all levels
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Complete and fully demonstrate all required training within 90 days of being hired
- Work requires continuous attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
- Able to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks and demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to talk, hear, sit for extended periods of time, stand for limited periods of time, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms, stooping or crouching for file retrieval and access, speaking with clarity and accuracy, listening, and the ability to engage in repetitive motion activities i.e., typing.
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a computer monitor.
- Include: general intelligence, motor coordination skills, coordination of eyes, hands, and feet, verbal intelligence and numerical intelligence.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to do some short distance travel to accomplish required tasks.
This position requires specific training for exposure to blood or body fluids. For employee's safety all EPI employees are offered the opportunity to receive Hepatitis B vaccination series.
salary range: $35K-$40K
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623