We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Respite Direct Support Professional
Job Type: Service Worker
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: April Williams
Support children of all ages to and from the respite after-school location. Must be able to drive various vehicles including minivans and mini-buses. Must have a valid Class D licenseSupport children and adults of all ages at their homes. Must have a personal vehicle to transport the person supported when neededMaintain the health and well-being of the people EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC supportsProvide support in accomplishing activities of daily living, which may include, but is not limited to, self-care skills, social skills, recreation skills, community skills, and domestic skills; transport individuals if applicableUnderstand the needs of people supported in order to provide the appropriate level of oversight in various situations and to maintain the individual's health and safetyExercise sound judgment as a matter of course and hold protected health information and other sensitive information in the strictest of confidence in accordance with EPI and HIPAA policiesAct in accordance with New York State's Office for People with Developmental Disabilities "Direct Support Professional Standardized Competencies"Maintain accurate documentation per regulationsReport all agency and department violations to appropriate personnelAttend all staff meetings and all OPWDD mandated trainings as directed to promote person centered plans and general supports throughout the departmentPromote workplace safetyPosition may require the use of a personal reliable insured vehicle to perform daily functionsPerform other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent; one-year experience in the human service field preferred.
- Maintain a valid New York State driver's license
- Must be trained in all required trainings within 90 days of being hired and maintain current certifications with all required trainings
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, squat, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and armsSpecific vision abilities required by this job includeClose visionAbility to adjust focus
- If applicable per department's requirements, employee must be able to train in and perform CPR and first aid
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and/or Agency Van and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623